I knew I was different from the other kids back then, not because of skin tone, language or height, but the fact that I thought differently. My mind was always on overdrive, thinking all the time even when I'm not required to do so. And that one thing I always thought about was, what I wanted to DO with my life, what I wanted to achieve in years to come.
I recently stumbled upon a blog post on "The Bucket List", and if you do not know about it, it's basically a list of goals, dreams and life experiences you desire to experience before you die. I have always been thinking bout that, but never got to a conclusion of what I really wanted. I used to desire to be a travel writer, then I thought, I need funds to do so, in order to get funds, I need to work, in order to find a decent job, I need experience, hence the reason why I took up part-time jobs, but where I am right now, well, it's going to take some time, and I'm sure, just as my ambition changed over the years, my bucket list would change too. Looking at where things are now, I'm really looking forward to experiencing something totally new next month.
|Picture taken from a random site on google.|
So just for random-sharing-sake, here is my bucket list... I'll start off with the simple stuff.
1) Pay for a random strangers toll fee.
2) Take pictures of the people I meet every day (Done, but didn't continue)
3) Work part time in a petting zoo
4) Travel around the world and visit the places I used to go
5) Volunteer to teach the kids at Perhentian Island or some other rural area
6) Get my diving license before I hit 28 (so by 30, I can go diving without worrying bout funds)
7) Be part or contribute to a Non-Governmental Organization in saving the turtles and environment
8) Buy an apartment, refurnish it and put it up for rent!
9) Strike up conversations with at least 4 strangers a day (and hey, I AM in the midst of trying)
10) Get my six pack!
11) Sky diving
12) Sing at an open mic session at a hotel lounge
13) Take up dancing again, this time, salsa.
14) Work on my french
15) Finish a PS3 game
16) Fly a plane (yes, I'm still thinking of that groupon)
17) Sit a train to Thailand (with the hopes of not getting mugged on the way)
18) Work as waitress at a restaurant by the beach, just for experience sake
19) Succeed in my career by doing whatever it takes to grow, to learn and apply
20) Skinny dipping at the Putrajaya lake (but of course, I need to bring someone as insane as myself to do so)
Most things in my list are... doable. However the question is, how much do I want it? 22 years old, 7 days a week, 2 day weekends, not knowing when I'll leave this earth, now it doesn't seem very much feasible, but I guess, it's all about living a day at a time, being focused and well, just hoping for the best.
So what is your bucket list?